Sunday, January 11, 2009

Act. 3-1 Aphrodite's Gift (Revised)



Goddess, your gift is like a rose I hold with my heart.
It's beauty is beyond words, its celestial aroma captivates me.
As I grew more attached to it, so does the rose, entangling my heart.

It grew thorns for every praise I give it, it embeds itself to my heart every time I adore it.

I became clear that I cannot live without the rose, nor can I feel alive without its presence. Removing the thorns hurts the rose, removing the rose hurts my heart, its thorns will claw, its thorns will tear, ripping my heart so I bleed to my death. Leaving it be the rose continues to grow, the slightest wind will scratch my heart.

Aphrodite, you made me an addict. An addict of the greatest drug, an addict of your gift, an addict of love.

No comments: